About our University
Kharkiv Petro Vasylenko National Technical University of Agriculture
Kharkiv Petro Vasylenko National Technical University of Agriculture is a leading institution of higher education of engineering and technical agricultural profile of the IV level of accreditation and one of the leaders of agricultural education in Ukraine.
The university consists of 5 educational and research institutes, 1 faculty of technological systems and logistics, 1 institute of postgraduate education, college of processing and food industry, Vovchansky college of KhNTUA, and a training center for retraining of specialists of grain processing enterprises. Currently, KhNTUA trains specialists in 26 specialties in full-time and part-time forms of education.
The educational process at the university is provided by 328 full-time teachers, including 68 doctors of sciences, 54 professors, 190 candidates of sciences, 146 associate professors, including 2 corresponding members of NAAS of Ukraine. Among scientific and pedagogical workers 78.7% have scientific degrees. In 2019, the average age of the research and teaching staff of the university was 47 years.
The university has all the conditions for students to receive a quality education in selected specialties, internships (including abroad), and the acquisition of the necessary practical skills. In 2019, the maximum contingent of students of KhNTUA was 5,271 people, including 348 foreigners.
The University is active in international activities, which are aimed primarily at integrating technical agricultural education into the European educational space. For this purpose, the university implements 3 international educational scientific programs of double diplomas. In addition, KhNTUA is a member of the Magna Charta Universitatum, the Higher Education International Alliance for Agrihusbandry, the Eurasian University Association, and other international associations.
In 2019, according to the independent rating of Ukraine TOP-200 among 23 agricultural institutions of higher education, KhNTUA took 4th place, among the 200 best free educational institutions of Ukraine – 73rd place and 20th place among 32 free economic education institutions of Kharkiv University Center.
Since 2011, the University has implemented and uses the Quality Management System for the provision of educational services, which meets the International Quality Standards ISO 9001: 2015 and is certified by the international audit firm DQS GmbH (Germany).
TEN ACHIEVEMENTS OF Kharkiv Petro Vasylenko National Technical University of Agriculture
- KhNTUA is one of the largest agricultural institutions of higher education in Ukraine of the IV level of accreditation, in the structure of which there are 5 educational and scientific institutes, 2 colleges, 1 faculty, 32 departments and 28 departments and centers. Currently, the university has 5,300 students, whose training is conducted in 26 specialties.
- The university has approved and implemented an innovative system of successful development of KhNTUA, the tools of which are certified in accordance with the international standard ISO 9001: 2015 quality management system of KhNTUA taking into account the criteria of the EFQM excellence model, “Standards and recommendations for quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area”. and taking into account the requirements and aspects ISO 21001:2018, ISO 31001:2018, ISO 19011:2015, ISO/IES 17021:2015.
- According to the rating of higher education institutions “TOP-200 UKRAINE” – 2018/2019, KhNTUA took 85th place among all free educational institutions of Ukraine and 4th place among agricultural universities.
- Following the results of the introductory campaign of 2019, KhNTUA took the 4th place in terms of the growth of the state order according to the results of a wide competition among all free economic zones of III-IV levels of accreditation.
- The scientific and pedagogical staff of the University includes 69 doctors of sciences and 192 candidates of sciences. Recently, 13 doctoral and 7 candidate dissertations have been defended at the university.
- During the XI International Exhibition “Innovation in Modern Education” KNTUA received the highest award of the exhibition – Honorary title “Leader of Innovation in Education” and a gold medal of the international competition in the category “Development and implementation of innovative teaching aids, projects, programs and solutions in institutions education “.
- There are 16 scientific schools at the university. Every year dozens of scientific and scientific-practical conferences are held on the basis of KhNTUA, including international.
- Scientists of KhNTUA take part in carrying out the actual scientific researches directed on development of innovative system of agrarian and industrial complex. Currently, scientists of the university together with PJSC “Elworthy”, CDZVA and the Institute of Agriculture of the Northeast of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine are working on the development of technology and technical means of compatible crops for fodder production.
- Roman Antoshchenkov, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Head of the Department of Mechatronics and Machine Parts of KhNTUA, has developed an innovative technology for determining the dynamic and energy performance of mobile and stationary machines. The technology is already used in practice, in particular, during the testing of a new model of KhTP tractor
- The University is proud of its students and graduates, including 22 winners and prize-winners of the All-Ukrainian Student Olympiads, 27 winners of the All-Ukrainian competition of student research papers, 6 winners of International Olympiads, competitions, tournaments and competitions.