The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine has developed an algorithm for vaccinations against acute respiratory disease COVID-19 for education workers, who are a priority group of protection. Educators involved in the external independent evaluation (EIE) in 2021, at their request, are vaccinated with the CoronaVac vaccine against COVID-19 produced by Sinovac Biotech from April 14. Educators involved in the EIT are vaccinated in an organized manner by mobile immunization teams.
The list of those willing to be vaccinated is formed by the head of the educational institution and submitted to the health departments of the oblast and Kyiv city state administrations. They, in turn, summarize the lists and pass them on to the regional vaccination coordinators for further planning of the mobile team’s departure. Regional vaccination coordinators are responsible for scheduling mobile team departures. They inform the heads of educational institutions of the date and time of arrival of the mobile team.
Vaccination of other education workers will begin after the regions receive a new batch of Community vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech. Comfnaty vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech is intended for this group of priority immunization from COVID-19 by the decision of the operational headquarters of the Ministry of Health to combat vaccine-controlled infections. Ukraine expects the Comirnaty vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech as part of the global COVAX initiative shortly.
Algorithm for recording education workers for vaccination from COVID-19:
- Employees of preschool, general secondary, out-of-school, vocational (vocational-technical), professional higher and higher education institutions apply to the heads of educational institutions.
- Heads of preschool, general secondary, and out-of-school education institutions form and send lists to local council education authorities. Local councils’ education management bodies provide lists to the departments (departments) of education and science of oblast and Kyiv city state administrations.
- Heads of vocational (vocational and technical) and professional higher education institutions send lists to the departments (departments) of education and science of regional and Kyiv city state administrations.
- Departments (departments) of education and science of oblast and Kyiv city state administrations provide lists of educational institutions to the health departments of oblast and Kyiv city state administrations.
- Heads of higher education institutions send lists to the health departments of regional and Kyiv city state administrations.
- The regional vaccination coordinators inform the heads of the educational institutions that submitted the lists about the date and time when the mobile team will come to the educational institution to vaccinate the team.
- The heads provide the updated lists before the first arrival of the mobile team to the educational institution. After the first arrival of the mobile team, any changes in the lists are agreed upon with the regional vaccination coordinators on an individual basis.
Detailed information about the features of the vaccination campaign, types of vaccines, and answers to questions – at vaccination.covid19.gov.ua or by contact center number 0 800 60 20 19.