On July 19, 2021, a meeting of the Council for Agrarian Education took place. The event was attended by Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Serhiy Shkarlet, Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Roman Leshchenko, Chairman of the Council for Agrarian Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine Alex Lissitsa, Chairman of UKRAGROOSVITA and Rector of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences Stanislav Nikolay agricultural education, directors of agricultural vocational colleges, academic institutes.
“The development of agricultural education is an important factor in the formation of the agricultural sector of Ukraine because it is one of the largest employers that offer jobs for graduates of all levels of education. Ensuring the innovative development of this sector is important for maintaining Ukraine’s leading position in the world market as an exporter of agricultural products, “said Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Serhiy Shkarlet.
The total contingent of students of agricultural educational institutions is 143.9 thousand people, of which 79.4 thousand people study by state order.
The Minister of Education and Science also noted that the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 30.06.2021 № 708 was recently published, which approved the volume of the state order for training, scientific, scientific-pedagogical and labor personnel, advanced training, and retraining in 2021.
In particular, in the field of knowledge 20 “Agricultural Sciences and Food” the amount of admission by state order for educational (educational-professional) degrees is:
- professional junior bachelor – 4 thousand places, including full-time education – 3.3 thousand places, which is respectively 3.7 and 4.3% more than in 2020;
- junior bachelor – 100 places (2020 level);
- bachelor – 5.9 thousand places, including full-time education – 5 thousand places, which compared to 2020 is more by 12.6 and 14.3 percent, respectively;
- Master’s degree (based on a bachelor’s degree) – 4.1 thousand places, including full-time education – 3.5 thousand places, which is 43.2 and 54.6% more than in 2020.
In the field of knowledge 21 “Veterinary Medicine” the volume of the state order for educational degrees puts:
- In the field of knowledge 21 “Veterinary Medicine” the volume of the state order for educational degrees puts professional junior bachelor – 800 places, which is 5.3 percent more than in 2020;
- master’s degree (based on a bachelor’s degree) – 355 places, which is 8.8 percent more than in 2020;
- master’s degree (based on complete secondary education) – 1020 places (2020 level).
“The agricultural sector plays an important role in the development and formation of the country’s economy. Farmers give the country 50% of foreign exchange earnings, GDP – 20%. Today, our departments have full mutual understanding and a common direction of development of the sphere, which cannot be achieved without the proper education of specialists, “said Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Roman Leshchenko.
Alex Lissitsa, Chairman of the Council for Agrarian Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, spoke about the results of two seasons of the project of cooperation between business and higher education institutions, as well as plans for the Agrokebeta master’s program.
Among the issues that were also discussed during the meeting:
- current state, prospects, and problems of agricultural education in Ukraine;
- features of training for the agricultural sector of the economy;
- development of professional higher education in agricultural colleges of the country, etc.
- Website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine