Education and career
- In 1958 he graduated from Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute with a degree in Wheeled and Tracked Machines.
- In 1964 he graduated from the Department of Automobile and Tractor Construction of KhPI.
- After graduating from the institute he worked as a master, head of the technical department of the shop, then – a researcher, director of the Eastern branch of the Ukrainian Research Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture.
- Since 1973 – Associate Professor of “Tractors and Cars” of the Kharkiv Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture.
- From 1978 to 2020 – Head of the Department “Tractors and Cars” Kharkiv Petro Vasylenko National Technical University of Agriculture.
- In 1964 he defended his dissertation on the specialty “cars and tractors”, whose scientific supervisor was Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Mikhail Medvedev, the founder of tractor construction in Ukraine.
- In 1982 he defended his doctoral dissertation in two specialties – “operation and repair of agricultural machinery”, “cars and tractors”.
- In 1985 he was awarded the academic title of professor.
- Head of the scientific school “Tractor Energy”, the scientific direction of which is the innovative development of tractor energy, the dynamics of tractor units, operational manufacturability of tractors.
- 8 doctoral and 35 candidate dissertations were defended under scientific supervision. Among the students are heads of departments of the Ministry of Ukraine, rectors of higher education institutions, the Minister of Science and Education of Guinea.
- Member of specialized councils for the defense of doctoral and candidate dissertations at the Kharkiv Petro Vasylenko National Technical University of Agriculture and Kharkiv National Automobile and Road University.
To assist in the training of highly qualified specialists in the field of foreign tractors, leaders of the world tractor industry companies “John Deere” and “CASE”, for the first time in Ukraine created training centers at the department. The main task of the centers is to coordinate the training of users of modern foreign equipment, service managers, and sales managers, the opportunity for future professionals to gain high practical skills on modern equipment and with the help of advanced technologies.
Scientific publications, patents, grants
- Author of 312 scientific papers, including:
- 23 monographs,
- 258 articles,
- 6 textbooks,
- 113 copyright certificates and patents;
- He is a co-author and editor of four textbooks in the specialty “Tractors and Cars”,
- 8 issues of collections of scientific works “Tractor energy in crop production”, which are recommended by the Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine, Education, and Science of Ukraine for the training of specialists in agricultural higher education institutions.
- Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine (1991),
- The excellent in education and science of I and II degrees (2001, 2002),
- Badge of Honor of the Ministry of Agriculture of Ukraine (2003),
- Excellent Technical Service of Ukraine (2005),
- Honorary Badge of Merit (2007),
- Diploma for special achievements in the field of science (nominal scholarship of DN Sokolovsky) from the Kharkiv Regional State Administration (2007),
- Honorary Badge of the Kharkiv Regional Council “Slobozhanska Slava” (2009),
- Diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (2010),
- included in the Book of Honor “Elite of the state – outstanding graduates of NTU” Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute “,
- winner of the regional competition “Higher School of Kharkiv Region – the best names” in the nomination “Head of the Department” (2013),
- G. Proskura Scholarship in the field of science (nomination “Technical sciences. Outstanding scientists”) of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration (2018).