On November 5, 2020, at the initiative of the Department of Accounting and Auditing of KhNTUA, an interuniversity round table “The role of statistics in society” was held with the use of remote technologies and dedicated to the Day of Statistics in Ukraine. The round table was attended by students and teachers of Kharkiv V. Dokuchaev National Agrarian University and the Kharkiv Petro Vasylenko National Technical University of Agriculture. The main purpose of the event was to deepen, strengthen, expand, and promote economic knowledge of statistics among students, as well as to inform the student community about the current state of national statistics.
The moderator of the round table was Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of the Department of Accounting and Auditing of KhNTUA Marenych T., who greeted the participants, stressed the need for such events, and noted the relevance of the issue under discussion. The main speakers were:
- Strenadko Vitalina (2nd-year student of the level of higher education “Bachelor” of KhNTUА; topic of the report: “ The role of statistics in modern society “. Supervisor: Doctor of Economics, Professor Marenych T.).
- Orlenko Valeriia (1st-year student of the level of higher education “Master” of KhNAU named after V. Dokuchaev; topic of the report: “ Statistical literacy in the context of digitalization of the economy “. Supervisor: Ph.D., Associate Professor
Level of higher education Yarova V.).
- Romanashenko Maryna (4th-year student of the level of higher education “Bachelor” of KhNTUA; topic of the report: “ Problems and prospects of development of theory and practice of statistics “. Supervisor: Ph.D., Associate Professor Lutsenko O.).
- Kruhla Olha (1st-year student of the Level of higher education “Master” of KhNAU named after V.V. Dokuchaeva; The topic of the report: “ The use of statistical methods in forecasting the rural population “. Supervisor: Ph.D., Associate Professor Yarova V.).
- Romanashenko Iryna (1st-year student of the Level of higher education “Master” of KhNTUA; topic of the report: “ Organization of the US Agricultural Statistics Service “. Supervisor: Ph.D., Associate Professor Polyvana L.).
The students’ speeches were meaningful, well-founded, with interesting presentations, which provoked a lively discussion among the participants of the event. The discussion on the relevance of the topics of the heard reports was continued by the Head of the Department of Statistics and Economic Analysis named after V. Dokuchaev Yarova V., Associate Professor of Accounting and Auditing KhNTUА O. Lutsenko and Head of the Department of Accounting and Auditing KhNTUА Marenych T.
Summing up the round table, Marenych T. stressed the importance of a highly qualified specialist in various sectors of the economy of thorough knowledge of statistics, knowledge of statistical research methods, and understanding of the strategy of state statistics of Ukraine. In conclusion, the moderator of the event thanked all the participants of the round table, wished them confidence, creative inspiration, good health, and faith in their own strength. May your successes inspire you to new achievements in the name of our state!
Media Communications Department